Zero labels 2 landfill
Zero labels 2 landfill scheme
What is the Zero Labels 2 Landfill scheme?
The scheme applies to and will benefit all companies that produce label waste, covering the whole label industry supply chain. The Zero 2 Landfill Scheme has been set up with the aim of reducing the amount of label waste being sent to landfill. The scheme is run by Reconomy and sponsored by the British Printing Industry Federation (BPIF).
What materials can we recycle?
Matrix waste / glassine / silicon packing paper / waste foil on cores / make-ready and set-up reels.
What are the benefits?
- Cost savings
- Environmental and regulatory compliance
- Streamlined and efficient waste disposal
Full waste audits of all sites
Review all waste stream systems and contractor collection methods
Review 3 months worth of purchase invoices
Audit report and proposal
Summary of your current processes
Proposal for changes to current systems
Like-for-like price comparisons between the two systems
Three month trial
We handle the transition
No commitment to long term contract
See the benefits before you commit
Become a member of the Prismm Zero Labels 2 Landfill Group Scheme
- We are able to process your label waste and avoid sending to landfill
- Size no longer matters as we can collect anything from 600kg to 26 tonnes at a time
- Every printer in the UK from the smallest to the largest is inclusive
- We have developed a cost effective and efficient logistical network that covers the entire UK
- We can guarantee total destruction and offer Certificates of Destruction for all waste collected
- Label Printers already signed up to the scheme have diverted 5,925 tonnes from landfill in 2015
Label Waste is going directly to landfill even when it can be recycled or recovered