Zero Waste Award Winners Announced
We are delighted to be sponsoring this year’s Zero Waste Awards!
The winners for the Zero Waste Awards have been announced, today, with home vegetable delivery company, Oddbox, online retailer, MandM Direct and baby clothing rental company, Bundlee, receiving five-star awards.
Set up in 2010 by leading recycling industry publication letsrecycle.com, the scheme has more than 500 members and is the premier recognition scheme for businesses and organisations that are committed to increasing the amount of waste they reduce, reuse and recycle.
The organisers say ‘the overall objective of the scheme is to build a community of sustainable businesses, providing a platform for winners to collaborate and work together to reduce their environmental impact’.
The winners will be recognised and given a chance to network with their industry peers at the recognition luncheon, to be held in November.
Entries are broken up into ten different categories enabling organisations to benchmark against those in the same sector. These categories are sponsored by key expert partners who are happy to help.
These categories are;
- Construction – Sponsored by Powerday
- Food & Beverage – Sponsored by Wastepack
- Healthcare – Sponsored by Bywaters
- Hospitality – Sponsored by Reconomy
- Office & Commercial
- Retail & Leisure
- Travel & Transport
- Waste and Recycling
The list of winners from the latest round of entries is as follows.
Five Star Winners
- Bundlee (Retail & Leisure)
- MandM Direct Ltd (Retail & Leisure)
- ODDBOX (Food & Beverage, Retail & Leisure)
Four Star Winners
- CHC Waste Facilities Management Ltd (Waste and Recycling)
- Crown Workspace (Office & Commercial)
- Dixons Carphone plc (Retail & Leisure)
- Eco Colab Limited (Hospitality)
- Fanfare Label (Retail & Leisure)
- Future Now Guatemala (Retail & Leisure)
- KOMBAN (Food & Beverage)
- London Borough of Havering (Waste and Recycling)
- London Borough of Hackney (Waste and Recycling)
- NG Bailey (Construction, Waste and Recycling)
- Northern Lincolnshire & Goole NHS Foundation Trust (Healthcare, Hospitality)
- ODS – Oxford City Council (Office & Commercial, Waste and Recycling)
- Pentatonic (Education, Waste and Recycling)
- Ready Egg Products Ltd (Industrial, Food and Beverage)
- Sadlers Carton Stockholders Ltd (Industrial, Waste and Recycling)
- Waddington Europe (Industrial, Food and Beverage)
Three Star Winners
- Ananas-anam ltd (Industrial, Office & Commercial)
- envoPAP (Industrial, Waste and Recycling)
- Greyparrot (Waste and Recycling)
- Helipads For Hospitals (Waste and Recycling)
- Mitie Waste & Environmental (Food & Beverage)
- Nomura International & ISS Facilities Services (Office & Commercial)
- Qualis Flow (Construction)
- SMB Records Management Ltd (Office and Commercial)
- Toughsheet building Products (Construction, Waste and Recycling)
- UBQ Materials (Industrial, Waste and Recycling)
- University of Bristol (Education)
Two Star Winners
- Buckinghamshire Council (Education, Waste and Recycling)
- DIEM (Industrial)
- East Ayrshire Council (Waste and Recycling)
- OSL Rail (Construction)
- Recofloor Ltd (Construction)
The next round of entries is now underway and potential entrants can find out more by visiting www.zerowasteawards.com. Entries must be submitted by 1 October 2021.