IT Infrastructure and Service Delivery Manager
This position will be based at our Telford office, you will need a full driving licence as there will be occasional travel to other locations. This is a full time, permanent contract with flexibility required for evenings and weekends when necessary.
Reconomy Group is a fast growing, PE backed technology enabled outsourced service business driving solutions across the circular economy including recycling and waste management, environmental compliance, and online returns.
Working within the UK waste services division and reporting to the group’s Head of IT Infrastructure & Service Delivery, you will own and lead IT support, IT infrastructure and security along with taking responsibility for maintaining the organisation’s Information Security Management Framework (Cyber Essentials Plus) certification for its Telford based operation and satellite brands covering circa 300 users. Pivotally, you will also be responsible for owning Reconomy’s UK waste services division Microsoft Azure server estate and cloud operating model, ensuring services are provided to agreed standards, KPI’s and SLA.
You will have full responsibility for the Reconomy Group’s Telford site, overseeing a consistent level of end user support, security and business continuity while also working closely with DevOps to maintain the divisions extensive cloud estate within Microsoft Azure. Reconomy consistently drives digital transformation, and this role will be part of that enabling team working closely with the Group CIO and wider technology leadership team, driving digital change across its roadmap, leveraging industry leading technologies.
As a hands-on role you will be line manager for a small IT Support team and work with peers to align service delivery to group standards and manage the support helpdesk. You will be involved with completion of all levels of support enquiries from 1st to 3rd line while coaching and developing the IT support team to enable their development. You will also take the lead on managing the Microsoft Azure cloud estate working closely with the groups DevOpps & Cloud engineer.
Reconomy Group is a highly acquisitive business, and this role will support the technology leadership team in the on-boarding and infrastructure related integrations of acquired businesses across the UK on a regular basis. This role will give you the opportunity to take responsibility to drive your cloud skillset and IT service delivery skillsets forward, constantly developing capabilities, security and innovations while taking advantage of being part of a larger IT team delivering an ambitious roadmap and working with skilled colleagues.
Skills and Experience
- To start in this role experience of taking responsibility for an IT team will be essential with a quick learning, pro-active, problem solving approach to work. To be able to take ownership of the responsibilities you’ll need knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience and knowledge of managing Microsoft technologies (Windows Server and Workstation), networking and products (for example, Active Directory, Group Policy, Azure, Office 365, InTune/MDM, MFA Technologies, Linux Ubunto, Firewalling/Networking concepts, DNS/DHCP) preferably in a Microsoft Azure, IaaS environment
- Experience of information, data and cybersecurity best practices (ideally ISO27001 or Cyber Essentials Plus), technologies, standards and controls, including ongoing management and prevention
- Prior experience of managing IT service delivery and a small IT support team leveraging a centralised helpdesk platform in an ITIL based environment, across a circa 300 user strong end point estate, aligning to agreed KPI’s and SLA’s
- Good working knowledge of security products including but not limited to centralised patch management, MFA technologies, Cisco, HPE Aruba, Fortinet. Mimecast and McAfee
- Broad understanding of managing change across complex system implementations and organisation matrices including working within the ITIL operating framework
- Proven understanding and track record of deploying a technology strategy to support continued organisational growth
- Ability and desire to be “hands on” involved in 1st to 3rd line IT support where required, and delivering technical solutions and day to day operations such as patching, preventative maintenance, hardening, documentation etc.
- Solid understanding of networking, cloud and co-located infrastructure
- Appropriate technical and professional certifications desirable (e.g. CCNA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, ITIL V3 or 4 and Prince2)
- A flexible attitude towards working hours, locations and travel as this role will require out of hours working and occasional travel to the UK groups network of offices primarily in Stratford-Upon-Avon, London and Portsmouth
- A strong manager, with a demonstrable track record in line management and driving performance from small and effective teams
This is a full time, permanent position, which will require flexibility to work some overtime shifts on evenings and weekends, particularly Saturdays.
How to apply
Please apply through our portal: https://reconomy.ciphr-irecruit.com/Applicants/vacancy