CIMA or ACCA study package? Develop experience in a rapidly growing company? Join a business where my career can grow? If the answer is yes to those questions have a read below.
The good news is that on top of being able to provide the above points this role is available due to promotion. That means that it could be you who is doing the hiring in a few years when you are the one who is being promoted.
But, back to the vacancy in question. You’ll be responsible for generating reports, daily, monthly or on an ad-hoc basis so strong data skills and ability with software such as Microsoft Excel are a must. You’ll also use PowerBI and SQL skills for data extraction and processing but if you don’t have experience in these areas we will help you to develop them.
You will be communicating with colleagues across all levels of the business to understand what they need and then present information to them, in the format of performance packs, forecasting or to support or challenge business proposals. This all means that clear communication skills are vital as well as the ability to translate numerical information into accessible and easily digested insights.
Typical tasks and duties
- Provide management information to support decision making and drive business performance.
- Assist in the production of monthly board pack and divisional performance packs.
- Support the business planning process which will include forecasting, annual budgets and 5-year plan updates.
- Produce variance analysis and investigate and communicate the key drivers of reported variances.
- Participate in modelling and scenario building to investigate or challenge business proposals and initiatives.
- Maintain and improve regular reporting processes with a view to automate where possible.
- Finance related graduate or relevant educational and working background with the intention to study towards a professional accountancy qualification.
- Advanced at Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of PowerBI and experience of data extraction and processing (SQL) would be desirable.
- Previous experience working in a finance department with prior knowledge of financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, cashflow).
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships at all levels of the business.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
This is a full time, permanent position
How to apply
To discuss further or to apply please send your CV to email@example.com