Application Support Developer
An exciting opportunity to join our highly skilled and experienced in-house development team, building and supporting our operational systems and sector-leading customer and supply-chain technology. This is a varied role which includes interfacing closely with the business, and numerous 3rd party outsourced development and solution providers. There are elements of development, project coordination, business analysis and testing. You will be working with large scale and complex enterprise systems, specifically relating to integration.
You will gain exposure to a wide range of technology including Cloud SaaS, PaaS and IaaS based applications, C#, SQL, Db2, Winforms, Mobile Apps, Salesforce and be working closely with the Infrastructure and DevOps team to build-out cutting-edge, future proof solutions. This opportunity could be ideal for a graduate with little or no commercial experience, equally someone looking for a new challenge within a busy, fast-paced company.
• Development of solutions across diverse platforms and technologies including, C# integrations and tools, Salesforce, APIs and Mobile Apps.
• Ensuring work-tasks are maintained within the work management platform, Jira.
• Ensuring code is well maintained and held securely within source control, GitHub.
• Ensure technical documentation is maintained and up to date within the document repository.
• Working with third-party suppliers to see that objectives and timelines are understood, and development schedules kept on-track.
• Provide occasional on-site contact with customers/suppliers for training
• Build expert knowledge in the Group’s systems and integrations to provide a point of escalation for the group helpdesk.
• Everyday administration and maintenance of the business data platforms.
• Maintaining lines of communication with end-users and setting expectations.
• Owning to resolution the investigation and troubleshooting of issues.
Skills and Experience
• Robust knowledge of at least one modern programming language (e.g. C# ideal but not essential).
• Excellent communication skills, capturing requirements, conveying complex information in clear terms and setting expectations.
• Proficiency in SQL or similar database concept.
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and a working knowledge of PowerQuery.
• Ability to multitask and prioritise multiple active issues with project work.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines and manage a busy workload.
Attractive depending on experience
Permanent, full time
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org