Electronic Duty of Care (eDOC) is a pilot project that has been developed to investigate the electronic tracking of the collection and transfer of waste. It is a way of making the process simpler, faster, more accurate, more cost effective and more sustainable for everyone involved.
Headed up by the Environment Agency, Reconomy is the only commercial company on the panel of supporting organisations, a testament to Reconomy’s position as market leaders in waste management.
eDOC will create an electronic process to cover the following areas:
- Creation & updating of electronic Waste Transfer Notes – both back office and at point of collection/delivery;
- Electronic recording of signatures;
- Image/photo capture;
- Two-way messaging;
- Reporting against data captured;
- Web hosting;
- Data security & integrity;
- Regulatory functionality;
- Portal interface for upload of data from existing systems;
- Portal interface for producers to track their waste
This move to an electronic system, using hand held devices similar to the courier industry, will dispense with the time consuming and wasteful process of completing Waste Transfer Notes. Reconomy already has considerable experience in this field through the implementation of the Reconomy Portal and it was this experience that the Environment Agency was keen to capitalise on.